Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kyleigh's Next Step

Kyleigh's newly decorated locker! Her mini-closet away from home!

Today Kyleigh got to go enroll at the middle school! It was a very exciting day for her - she walked in those doors and down those halls and about mid-way down she turns to me and smiles and says, "I can't believe I'm here" to which I replied........ME EITHER!!! It just floods my mind with so many thoughts - one of which is "where is my baby and how can she be here when just yesterday I myself was walking these very halls as a pre-teen!!!!" Madison Middle School holds so many great memories for me and my prayer is that she makes some extraordinarily great memories and will meet some of her very best life-long friends there like I did!
I was talking w/a sweet friend of mine today and how exciting it is when your first child reaches all those milestones and then subsequent children the excitement is not the same because each milestone for them serves as a reminder to us of how quickly they are growing up ! Despite my hidden feelings, we had a fun day getting through the process - she is so sweet spirited and welcomes my insight and help. She wanted me to help her find her way to every place she needed to go - I'd taken her to pick out locker decorations earlier in the week so after lunch we came back and she decorated her locker and she really did a sensational job at it as you can see from the pictures~ Her locker looks really cute and just looks like Kyleigh~ She is looking forward to her classes, especially Mr. Beards because he has a guide dog! She's also talked with Sara and they share 2 classes so that will be fun! She is so anticipating this next step in her life! It's big! I am thrilled for her and will look so forward to seeing her sweet little face and hearing all about her first day next Wednesday at 2:30!!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...