Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of challenges. People are coming off Christmas, the days can be long, dark and cold and the weather can make the roads iffy. But, we were happy to have most of the family here to celebrate and it was a very good day.
We ate pizza. Lots of pizza. Then, she always chooses the same dessert. Polar Pizza from Baskin Robbins and we buy an extra so she can enjoy it long after her day is done.This picture gave me so much happy in my heart. As they say, IYKYK and I just couldn’t be more grateful for the 8 of us standing here together, smiling and celebrating our girl.
I love these six people so much, more than words can say. Each beautiful and amazing in their own precious ways and together, they are such a testimony of His goodness to me. Children are a great reward.
She’s so easy to please and always so gracious and grateful.
So much life has happened in the twenty-one years since Preslie joined our family. Two decades is a lot of time, yet it’s fleeting. At 37, I had no idea what the future would hold. None of us do.
There’s a great deal of beauty to behold and the journeys of faith we’ve walked make us more like Jesus. At least I hope so. I’m not the same person I was in 2003 and I’m happy about that. I’m not sure I’d even recognize that 37 year old anymore.
Being a mom is the most beautiful gift I’ve ever experienced. The Lord has sanctified me and continues to do so, through my children. I see the world differently when I see it through their eyes. I learn so much from them about people, life, love and myself.
Preslie has taught me a lot about myself, about life, about love, grace, mercy, forgiveness, patience. - she’s taught me how to see past the obvious and look deeper. I’ve learned how to pray. Fervently pray. How to rejoice and not lose hope. How to believe in someone and not give up. To say the words that I think instead of risking vulnerability and remaining silent. To embrace the childlike innocence and not feel too old for it. To set my mind to something and push through the hard.
Nothing has come easily for my girl. She’s had struggles and trials I would never have wished on my worst enemy. But God. She has an extraordinary life ahead. She’s making her way and I cannot wait to see what the next 21 years look like!
Happy birthday to my Preslie Capri - I am grateful to be your mom and friend!




No comments:
Post a Comment