Many moons ago I began this blog. I still will, on occasion, go back and read through it. It’s sometimes fun to go relive and also see all the different seasons that brought me here. I called it “SImply Grateful” and if I went back to start it all again, I’d still title it that.
I like living in a state of thankfulness. Most of the time, that is my hearts posture internally. I hope it pours out externally, as well. Counting my blessings and being grateful, just simply grateful, is a beautiful way to care for my soul. Reminding myself how fortunate I am in so many ways. Yes, gratefulness is an anchor that steadies my soul. Aligns my heart and mind with what can never be taken.
Gratefulness puts life into perspective. As cliche as it may sound, we all have something to be thankful. Always.
November is the month where thankfulness is on display. We are encouraged to be thankful. Signs, verses, 30 day challenges all point us to the art of being thankful. A whole day set aside to gather with those we love and be thankful as we feast. I think God is pleased with it. I hope so. Yet, sadly too often that state of thankfulness, of simply being grateful, passes by too quickly and we forget. We’re prone to wander.
Today I was drawn to begin putting down in black and white, once again, gratefulness. Prompted in part by some much needed soul care after a wounding. A familiar wounding, yet still it wrecks me. In the middle of the pouring out, a soul wound. It takes my breath away and brings tears to my eyes. The choice is always there to fret and stew, or turn to gratefulness. Not because of the wound, to be sure. In spite of it.
Grateful for a moment where I’m mom, but not. Daughter, but not. Just me. With real and raw emotions that I don’t always know how to navigate. Finding myself withdrawing and pushing away so I might protect my heart and let the pain fall away without penetrating my soul. There were enough wounds there already. But, gratefulness is like a balm and it gently coats and calms and resets my mind and soul to a familiar place. Safe. And once again, counting my blessings and letting my soul rejoice.
Xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment