Wednesday, January 1, 2025

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it afterwards. But also, it’s not uncommon for


of the kids reach out before we can to simply say ‘Go look at the sky’ ~ 

Friday night was one of those nights and I’ve reflected on the hour spent outside that evening, many times. 

Although cows are not typically under my care, due to circumstances beyond our control, Kyleigh and I found ourselves in charge of feeding one evening. The weather was almost perfect. The December day had been in the 60’s with sunshine and a light breeze. God’s mercy. 

After crossing the road and driving the gator down the gravel road to their house, I picked her up and we measured out feed into the buckets, opened up gates, called the cows and poured out the cubes along a line on the ground for them to devour.

As we drove along to the next pasture it was impossible to miss the brilliant colors God painted across the skies. 










The beauty of the skies pale in comparison to the actuality of it, but yet to get a glimpse of the magnificent colors painted across the horizon was something to behold.  Brilliant pinks, blues, oranges, reds and the reflection off the water was just enough to take away my breath.

As gorgeous as the colors and as much as i would have hated to know what I missed being outside, more than that I would have missed time with my girl. She’s extraordinary. Loving, selfless, wise and funny.  Never does she fail to pause and reach out to pet an animal. Her heart is big and her compassion is great. And she is one of my very favorite people and one of God’s greatest gifts to my life.

I’m so glad I didn’t miss it. 











No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...