Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Recap 08

Christmas 2008 was less than traditional in many ways but we tried to keep it as traditional as possible because despite our circumstances, it is a celebration of Jesus' birth and no matter what is going on around us, that is something awesome to celebrate!!!!!

Five years ago we started the tradition the kids love! They all draw each others names for Secret Santa's. Rick and I take them out shopping one on one to buy for their SS and then they wrap their gifts and put them under the tree til Christmas Eve ~ Hunter and Preslie drew each other and Kyleigh and Addison drew each other! They had so much fun keeping it secret and this year we saw them really enjoying the gift of GIVING and not just receiving. Kyleigh said so many times how excited she was to give Addison her gift b/c she knew how much she'd love it! That was fun to see. Below is the picture of the kids on Christmas Eve getting ready to open their Secret Santa gifts!

Preslie gave a Sonic Giftcard, Hunter gave Moonsand, Addison give a purse and Kyleigh gave hermit crabs~
Christmas Morning the kids head straight to their stocking and Santa Gifts ~ Yes, Kyleigh is hugging her IPOD~!

The night before Christmas I make something for breakfast that we can bake while we open and then we enjoy a family breakfast ~


Our Family - (L to R) Uncle Shawn, MiMi, Papa, Addison, Hunter, Kyleigh, Preslie, Me and Rick~



After Preslie opened EVERY gift, she hugged and thanked that person so after a while I decided to capture it on film~ She is so affectionate and grateful!

Merry Christmas!!


2 comments:

Double Trouble said...

Love the pictures - looks like everyone had a great Christmas this year!

The Solomons Family said...

I'm glad after all that has been going on you were able to enjoy the holiday! You have a beautiful family!

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...