Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Little Sneak Peak

It's been a couple days over 2 months ago that construction began on our new home! It's been such fun to watch it come 'alive' over the past several weeks. Here are the latest updates ~
I have to shoot pictures from the side due to the large mound of dirt that sits directly in front. I think that's going away soon!?!?
So happy with the brick and stone. Rick and I drove around quite a bit looking for the combination we liked. It's really hard to pick and choose but we're happy with how it looks!
A close up view! The stone is from a house around the corner from our last house and we actually chose the same brick that was on our last house. Funny how we searched high and low and ended up with what we had right in front of us!  Stucco will be above the stone/brick wainscoating.

These doors are without a doubt, my personal favorite! Rick and I have very similar likes and dislikes on just about everything so we've worked well together on the building process.  One thing we both agreed on right from the start were these doors. He found a place that makes them and we went to see them before we began and had these picked out quite early in the process. They are even more gorgeous in person!

 Beyond pleased with how they look!

1 comment:

Susie said...

I love seeing your progress! So pretty -- and I love the doors too! :)

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...