So, moving has uncovered gobs of lost, forgotten and put away treasures. As we cleared out attics, closets, garages and hidden nooks and crannies I discovered boxes of pictures. Boxes!
Immediately, my to-do list of going through them, sorting them, organizing them and ultimately displaying them filled my brain. Naturally, I then opened the scrapbooks that I began for each of the kids so many years ago. Opening them was bittersweet. I so enjoy each age and stage. Still do! That's the sweet part. Looking back and remembering. The bitter part was more about the reality of the huge task ahead. I want to finish these books so that they can be enjoyed. But, I confess it's a bit overwelming to see how far I have to go in this project. And, the reality is, unless we stop living lives and taking pictures...I'll never be caught up.
I'm okay with that! Even if these books don't get caught up until the kids are grown and it's just me and Rick here at home..I'm happy with that because that means we were too busy living and enjoying life. I won't stop the living of today to catch up on yesterday. I know these memories are not only preserved in my pictures and albums (and this blog) but, they are securely anchored in my heart and I pray in the hearts of everyone who made the memory.
This is where I am in Preslie's book. She's approaching her 10th birthday so 7 years of living to document. *sigh*
Addison's last completed page is Christmas of 2007. Seems like yesterday.
Kyleighs book is stuck in Halloween of 2007. She was 10 years old. Preslie's age. Oh my!
Ironically enough, Hunter's most recent page is at an OSU football game. Now he attends OSU - those years went fast! That was a fun night. Shawn got all of us, mom and dad and himself tickets for a suite to watch the Cowboys play. It was a sweet time of family and fun. I love the picture of Shawn, Hunter and my dad arm in arm.
I am thankful for many things - including the fact that through this blog I have recorded so many memories. I am thankful it can be a guide to helping me get these books current someday.
So, I will begin sorting and organizing pictures so I can work on books from time to time.
But, mostly, I will live in today.
No comments:
Post a Comment