Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hay!

Fourth of July'ish means baling and hauling hay. For the first time, Hunter isn't here to help.  I know he'd like to be here. We joked that the girls need to get some strong boyfriends ; 0

Fortunately, the girls are strong and willing and they are a tremendous help to their dad. I'm grateful for able bodies and willing hearts to do hard things. I'm grateful I'm the driver. I had a large learning curve on driving a tractor and I may or may not have stormed off the tractor at one point. With words of encouragement from my girls and an apology from Rick, I got back on and finished the job. :) Realities.
I'm sure this is breaking about 1,084 safety rules. 
Headed to the hay meadow
 small but mighty
So many bales of hay

Addison really did a lot of work - I just kept getting the wrong pics
Getting it in the barn

Mini-Me- she was a great help in making sure everyone had water and gatorade. Servants heart.

The hay is hauled and put away for fall and winter.

 "He who gathers crops in summer is a wise son (daughter). Proverbs 10:5

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...