I occasionally wonder how many times we're spared in a days time. How many close calls could have been disasterous. How many times angels clear our way and make our journey safe. Last night we were all reminded how merciful our God is to us.
As moms especially, we are able to discern the cries of our children no matter their age. When it's a cry of anger, frustration, hurt feelings or hurt bodies. Last night, the cry of Preslie as she came into the house was that of a hurting body.
Fortunately, Addison was with her and saw what happened as Preslie had startled one of the horses. It was getting dark and Rosie just simply did not know Preslie had walked up behind her. Preslie knows better but for some reason just didn't make her presence known. Rosie kicked her hind leg and hit Preslie right on the side of her thigh.
It's bruised and scratched but nothing was broken and we are grateful she was spared of a much worse injury. It makes me a bit more aware and grateful today knowing God is in the details, He cares for us and is watching and protecting each of us all the time - whether we notice or not. Today I pray that I will be more mindful of His work in my life and the lives of those I love!

No comments:
Post a Comment