Friday, May 22, 2015

Graduation 2015


It's strange how I can remember so vividly taking our five year old to kindergarten for the first time. Seems impossible that it was 13 years ago, but it was and today, we will celebrate graduation from high school. What 'they' say is true - the days are long and the years are short. 
Mrs. Sherrod and Kyleigh at the pumpkin patch - kindergarten 2002
First day of 1st grade. 

Today Kyleigh will put on her cap and gown and we will cheer as they call her name, but inside I will still see that little girl and wish for just a moment, we could press pause, or better yet, rewind. I'd love to do it all over again. Not to fix or undo. Gosh, no. It's been tremendous. I'd just like to go relive it all exactly as it was.  It's been greater than I could think or imagine! But, we move onward and upward and I will enjoy each new memory because I know there are some incredibly great days ahead too! 

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...