Psalm 119:105 says, "Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light to my path." Rarely does God show me the big picture. Every step to take. Mostly, it's a step at time and I know that to follow Him, as He urges me to do, I must be moving. We can't follow standing still. And the lamp, His word, right at my feet to light the path directly in front of me. Not a flashlight that I can shine far ahead.
Because I've been walking with Jesus quite a while, I know Him to be faithful and trustworthy. He does open wide the doors and He also closes some. His ways are higher. His thoughts greater. Nothing takes Him by surprise and He will not fail. I am not powerful enough to mess up His great plans when my hearts desire is to seek Him and follow after Him. He is able to correct my mistakes and put me on the straight path. And when I'm on the path with a curve, He will go before me, behind me and beside me. He's done that so many times before.


No comments:
Post a Comment