Rick and I (mostly I) thought the time might be right to get Kyleigh her own cell phone, afterall, we'd been paying for the exta line for 2 years - so we searched and finally landed on a 'rocket' cell phone for Kyleigh and presented it to her on the day of her 5th grade promotion! Tears. Disbelief. Excitement. Gratefulness. Her words......."Mom/Dad, this is way too nice for 5th grade promotion" - Our response, thankful she is so appreciative.
It took me back to the year 1979. I was thirteen and the school day took forever. I knew while I was at school, the telephone man was coming to install me very own phone line, my very own phone number and hook up my very own pink princess phone! Remember those? I'm sure someone has one buried in a time capsule somewhere! Anyway, I loved that phone and I was so happy to have it. My own number! It somehow made me feel so grown up and independent and free to talk at my own leisure and never have to get off so anyone else could use the phone. It was in the days of no call waiting, no cell phone for back up - just patience as you dialed and redialed waiting for the busy tone to turn into a ring and hoping you got through before someone else beat you to it! Anyway, she is very excited to go off to middle school with her trusty cell phone in hand, or purse or pocket as the case may be. She has had so much fun getting ring tones blue-toothed, personalizing rings of friends/family and so far she hasn't even asked about texting..........don't get me started! Today she is grateful for her phone.
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
1 comment:
I remember when you got your own phone line! It brings back such great memories of us growing up together and seeing each other everyday...love, juli
Post a Comment