Luke 12:6-7 "Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
Well, it's not a sparrow but we think it's a robin. Mom and dad had a huge tree removed from their yard. The guys cutting it down found a nest, no mom, one dead bird and one alive. Very small - no feathers, closed eyes but alive...barely. Mom kept it alive for the day while we were at a baseball tourny.
Well, it's not a sparrow but we think it's a robin. Mom and dad had a huge tree removed from their yard. The guys cutting it down found a nest, no mom, one dead bird and one alive. Very small - no feathers, closed eyes but alive...barely. Mom kept it alive for the day while we were at a baseball tourny.
We got home, Hunter, Kyleigh and Addison went out to find a worm until we could find out what else to feed this little bird. Kyleigh began researching on the intenet, visited the pet store and now Kyleigh is nurturing that bird. I'm happy to say it is thriving! It's so exciting to watch, amazing really. It's only been 36 hours and already the little bird chirps and today it opened it's eyes. It has 2 new feathers and it's getting stronger by the hour. Kyleigh has such a love for animals and such a way with them. The bird already responds to her so well. She carefully holds it's little head and she uses the dropper to feed it the baby bird formula. (Yep, they make it - who knew) and she cleans it's little home regularly. She feeds it every 2 hrs all day. She stayed up til 1:00 a.m. checking on 'her' - Amazing! It now has a much more sophisticated bed/home than this box. It is up on a shelf in garage, a heating pad under a plastic bowl of water and then another plastic container with the bedding and the bird. The water and the heating pad keep the birds home the right temperature.....109 degrees - Looks pretty cozy actually - I'll have to post a new picture in a few days but these are from the day we got 'her' -
This scripture came immediately to mind. I know God knows exactly where this little bird is and how much more He loves and cares for us. This scripture also flooded my mind back in October of 2001. Rick and I sat in the doctors office with anticipation of seeing our fourth little baby - just 10 wks along but perfectly formed with a fluttering little heartbeat. Sadly, the heartbeat was weak and our doctor told us in days it would stop and we would lose that little life. As we drove home, tears pouring from both of our eyes there was a little sparrow in the middle of the road - it had been hit by a car and was flopping around in the street. I remember saying to Rick that God knew that sparrow had fallen and how much more He loved the little life I was carrying, if only briefly. I know one day we will be reunited with the little life we never held in our arms here on earth. I am so thankful that God is a God of details and He loves us all - great and small.
This scripture came immediately to mind. I know God knows exactly where this little bird is and how much more He loves and cares for us. This scripture also flooded my mind back in October of 2001. Rick and I sat in the doctors office with anticipation of seeing our fourth little baby - just 10 wks along but perfectly formed with a fluttering little heartbeat. Sadly, the heartbeat was weak and our doctor told us in days it would stop and we would lose that little life. As we drove home, tears pouring from both of our eyes there was a little sparrow in the middle of the road - it had been hit by a car and was flopping around in the street. I remember saying to Rick that God knew that sparrow had fallen and how much more He loved the little life I was carrying, if only briefly. I know one day we will be reunited with the little life we never held in our arms here on earth. I am so thankful that God is a God of details and He loves us all - great and small.
No comments:
Post a Comment