Saturday, August 23, 2008

This funny thing called LIFE~

I have spanned the realm of emotions this past week. It certainly has not been the week I planned but none-the-less it was a week that sort of just happened. I guess that goes to the old saying that life is what happens when you've made other plans. Sadly, the pukies did not stop with Preslie. Just suffice it to say the score is: Tummy Bug 4 Healthy Gauts 2 - It was truly brutal. I have never in my life felt worse and I've had some pretty huge opportunities to feel worse - this for sure takes the cake! I think my kids would agree it was awful. Thankfully, Kyleigh and Rick escaped it and I pray we are all now in the clear - Even though it was a really rough week there are lots of things I am grateful for ~


First of all my mom! Seriously, there is no way we could have done so well this week had it not been for her. Rick and I have said multiple times how grateful we are that God provided this house, this neighborhood and my parents across the street. My mom has always been the most unselfish person alive - she is so always ready to serve and be of help where needed. We really needed her this week. I got sick during the early hours Tuesday - At 7a.m. she is here and she was here every morning the rest of the week at 7:00 a.m. and was here til 10pm one night! She stepped right in and did all the things that need to be done to care for 4 kids with an array of needs. She made it so Rick could pretty much maintain his normal work schedule and that was a huge blessing as he had a bunch of big stuff going at work this week. Taking care of us...Not an easy job at times but she was a huge help! After I was better and Ky was telling me how glad she was I was back to normal she said the only bad thing about you being well is MiMi isn't here as much ~


I am so grateful my kids have the gift of being able to go visit MiMi and Papa anytime they want to! You cannot put a pricetag on that! Anyway, even though my mom hated to see me sick I think she enjoyed getting to take care of me again. Even though I am all grown up, I'm sure in her eyes I am still just her baby that she misses taking care of. I can be a pretty independent soul. I'm certain I was one of those "I can do it myself" kinda kids~ I don't easily accept help at times but this week I learned that I have been selfish by not accepting her help with less resistance~ she loves to be able to nurture me even in the little things so even though I'm 'all grown up' I think I'll work on letting that happen not just when the tummy bug hits! She kept the house going - the laundry, food, the dogs, my neurotic vaccuming - she can get everyone to their appropriate places with ease now I think - she knows the girls teachers, some kindergarten mommies, the elementary secretary, the lunch lady, the drop off and pick up times and spots, which can be pretty tricky when 3 schools and multiple drop-off/pick-up times!!! She pretty much learned how to do the ordinary things I do each day. What a huge blessing my mom is to me!!!!



I am thankful for health- I got a huge lesson in that over the past 5 years but I mean just the day to day health of everyone. Life is good but even moreso when everyone feels good and that is not to be taken for granted! Ever.


I am thankful for my sweet friends who checked in on me and let me whine on about how tired I was of feeling lousy and how tired I was of my kids being sick!


I am thankful that finally I feel good for the 1st time all week today! I loved being able to just be mom again~ I missed it and it was only a few days. I feel like I missed a week of life between the kids and myself being sick.

Life is hard at times but God is always good. I am thankful He continues to create in me a grateful spirit!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...