Sunday, November 23, 2008

Deer HUNTER

Hunter and Rick went on their first deer hunting trip this weekend. They have been preparing and planning for weeks. They built deer stands, got guns ready and packed up. Clearly a guy thing! They actually put the tree stand up at grandma's but ended up down towards Henryetta with a friend who had about 250 acres and a great hunting spot as well as a nice cabin to stay warm in at night. They left Friday afternoon and spent the evening preparing to hunt! At 5:30 Saturday morning they headed out to their spot. Hunter saw a 3 point early on but wanted to wait on something bigger and better. They stayed out all day patiently waiting for the right buck to walk by - At 5:35pm I got a text "I just shot one" and a few minutes later a call that he'd gotten an 8 point buck. He weighed 125 after 'dressing' - He was so excited! They had a great time and even tho I am tempted to say 'you might be a redneck if....' I won't. Here he is with his very first buck from his very first day of his very first deer hunting trip! Tonight they got the antlers mounted and once those go up on the wall, I will say "You might be a redneck if...." You might imagine Kyleigh is NOT happy. She cried. She hasn't talked to them today. She will though. It's okay. This is the girl who can get her daddy to release a mouse in the field so killing a buck, not great in her mind! Anyway, Hunter is thrilled and they are looking forward to their next trip out to hunt! Now I have to figure out how to cook a great deer steak and make deer chili!



1 comment:

The Solomons Family said...

Well, I'm happy for Hunter. The name fits! BUT... my heart is with Kyleigh! Poor little deer is so cute :(

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...