Friday, January 9, 2009

A Dog Renamed

We're not Sooner fans and I know that's not popular seeing as we do live in the Sooner State. It's nothing against Coach Stoops or the players really. It's the fans. Oh, the fans. I cannot bear them (of course there are exceptions) - the most obnoxious ones didn't even attend OU. Anyway, not the point of this blog today.



The point is Tim Tebow - loved and admired him before last night. He's unwaivering in his faith in his Savior, Jesus Christ!!! I admire him so much more after last night! What a great guy he is. Not only an outstanding athelete with a determination to be the best he can be for himself and his team but he loves Jesus. I didn't know all the details until last night and sure that only scraped the surface. He was home-schooled, which was an encouragement to me personally, his parents are missionaries and he's lived in a leper colony and an orphanage. He is a world and a life changer. Who can't be inspired by his testimony? He wears scripture underneath his eyes and it's not for show. It's his witness. He lives it in seemingly every area of his life. God's word tells us that faith without action is dead!! He is walking out his faith and what a great platform God has given him to be bold for Him.

So, we made a name change last night. Bo, our chocolate lab, has been named Bo since we brought him home. We never call him just Bo tho, we add something to the beginning or the end of his name but after the game last night his name is now officially TeBow!! : ) I'm sure Tim would be so honored HA!!

GO GATORS!!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...