Preslie and I began a new chapter in life today! Rick and I decided that home-schooling would be in Preslie's best interest and we began today! It has been exciting and scary at the same time. When we started today Preslie looked up at me and said, "Do I call you Mrs. Gaut?" and I laughed and said, no you can just call me mom!! Cracked me up!!
Kyleigh has been HUGE in helping me prepare and organize. My type-A personality wanted everything to be as school-like as possible without being too rigid. Kyleigh made a word wall (you can see it hanging on the wall in front of Preslie), and Rick hung it. I had to laugh because he got out the level to make sure it was perfectly straight! (and I thought I was type A) - we set her up a little school area in part of our den and it served our purpose really well on day 1!
I am shocked at how much we accomplished this morning. Of course 1:1 compared to 24:1 is more conducive to accomplishing more ~ We only had 1.5 hrs today because we had to go work the snack shack at the mid-high but that was a good thing for day 1 - It was a great start and I can tell this is going to be exactly what she needs. I know there will be challenges and days I want to scream but I truly believe I am doing what is best for Preslie and God continues to confirm that in so many ways! For one, yesterday at church the message was so clear to me that I am doing what God is calling me to do, which is what I've always believed home-schooling had to be - a calling and I really never wanted to be called for that!!!! The pastor was talking about doing something good vs doing what good God calls us to do. That really hit me and was powerful to me.
Lots of things for me will change having Preslie here 24/7. I have to rethink my schedules, appointments and such but I know that any sacrifice is worth it. Fortunately I never got in a groove of having all my kids gone all day anyway so it won't be a huge adjustment to slip back into having one home ~ One thing I was sad about possibly giving up was my Wednesday bible study. The children's program is great and they have a home-schooling group as well. I called to see if there happened to be an opening and the director told me that they had just had a child drop so there was an opening for Preslie. I am thankful for that provision.
So, day 1 was a success. We'll see what tomorrow holds. I am excited to see her grow and learn and have lots of fun along the way~ I'll keep you all posted!
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
2 comments:
Cute! She looks so proud!
Horray for you and Preslie! I can't even get through Ry's weekly homework without one or both of us needing a time out! I love how she asked if she should call you Mrs. Gaut!
Post a Comment