I am so grateful for my mom and I can't let this day go by without expressing that! God has been good to me in giving me an incredibly loving and caring mom! She is amazing in many ways and certainly the most self-less person I know. I hope today (and everyday) she feels loved, valued and cared for because she is ~ I've always known how much she wanted me - I have heard the story about how I came to be so many times and I grew up knowing I was wanted and loved~ what a gift that is. My mom has always been a nurturing and loving mom and I'm grateful for her presence in my life! She's always been there for me in every stage of my life and now I get to enjoy her not as just my mom but as my friend!
Today we got to celebrate her 75th birthday with a family dinner! It was delicious and it was just good family time. Tuesday Mom and I will spend the evening at the Taste of Home Cooking show and I'm so looking forward to that time with her. I'm glad she is healthy and that we live close by so we can see each other whenever we want. I realize not everyone gets or even wants to do that with their moms. I love the my kids get to grow up knowing their MiMi so well and she's apart of all the things they do. This blog would be so lacking if I didn't express my gratefulness for my mom and my friend!
I love you Mom- I hope 365 days a year you know how much you mean to me!
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment