Saturday, July 25, 2009

Goodbye Kindergarten!

When Rick and I decided to teach Preslie at home in January we knew there would be a lot of change in our lives. Fortunately, I never had gotten used to having all my kids away from home all day so that was easy having her back home each day. The rest of it was a big change though - going from mommy to teacher had it's challenges but we learned very on that we would not quit we would persevere. We did. Not to say we didn't have our bumps along the way - some of them almost gave me whiplash! But through it all we came out better, stronger, wiser and I would not trade the past 7 months of kindergarten for anything in the world. Through the ups and the downs it was most certainly worth it. I am very proud of her hard work and her determination.

Preslie is a reader. She can add, subtract, tell time to the hour and half-hour, recognizes all her coins and can add some money and best of all she has memorized 38 scriptures! I videoed her reciting these but she was very nervous and sorta struggled through but no doubt, they are forever hidden in her heart! My desire is for my children to filter everything through the truth of God's word and hiding it in their hearts is a huge step in that direction! It brings tears to my eyes everyday when she quotes her scripture! I love it and I know how Jesus feels about the little children - He surely must be smiling on sweet Preslie.

So, I realize this past week that Preslie has done school for 11 of the past 12 months! EEK! I had in my brain we just started kindergarten in January not really thinking she had gonet o school Aug-December! She hasn't had a break since Christmas!! So, the girls and I planned some fun end of Kindergarten activities for Preslie and Sunday we leave on a family vacation and we cannot wait!! Preslie is ready for some summer fun! So is her mommy!


Preslie wanted to make and ice strawberry cupcakes......they were de-lish!
Kinda dark but the girls helped Rick set up the tent in our backyard!

Ready to camp-out! This didn't last long - they told scary stories about gravity hill here in Bville and by 11:30 they were in our bed! It was a good thought : )


This first video is a mistake but couldn't figure how to remove it! The 2nd one is her doing her scriptures!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...