I am very excited about this season in our lives! I love teaching and I love my children. I am so grateful that I get to spend each day with them learning, sharing, growing and deepening our relationships with each other and filtering everything through God's word, His ways and His time! I am truly blessed!
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Monday, August 17, 2009
A New Year Begins ~
A new school year has begun and it looks a little, okay a lot, different for the Gaut family! Hunter will be 17 in a few short weeks and has started his final two years of high school -he is a junior at BHS! It's hard to fathom but our once small son is turning into a man before our eyes! I love that he walks the same hallways as his dad and I walked at BHS! Mostly I love that he is walking in the ways of God. He continues to be a joy in our life! Here he is with the traditional first day of school picture in front of the house - the house has changed this year too by the way - So much change!
He isn't really smiling - he really does not enjoy this yearly picture but I told him only 2 more after this - his senior year and the year he leaves for college - he will indulge me because he loves me and he's sweet like that! : )
The girls on their first day! Kyleigh heading off for her Monday Class at CC ~
My grocery shopping day has always been Monday but now I had to change that too since we will be doing school on Mondays! We, yep, we, all of us sans Hunter who was at the lake, went to the grocery store yesterday - it was quite a family event - Fun Daddy let the girls pick junk cereal and this was Preslie's choice! She ate it for breakfast straight from the box - no bowl for this girl!
Who doesn't love a little milk and cookies for breakfast! Addison did - two bowls of this deliciously sweet cereal!
I had to snap a shot of Kyleigh, surrounded by Latin flashcards. She spent an entire day cutting, pasting and organizing her latin words she will be memorizing this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment