Sunday, January 24, 2010

Then and Now ~

Preslie just celebrated her 7th Birthday! I can hardly believe it, yet so much has happened in her short little life! She is the baby of our family in every sense of the word. There are so many sides to her personality and it's been so fun watching her character emerge this past year.

She cracks up laughing and knows exactly what to say and do to get everyone laughing with her. She is very responsible and has a strong amount of life skills. Preslie keeps me in line and is my best reminder of things, which most of the time is great. ; ) Huge rule follower and wants things to be done right!

Her tender heart is precious to me. Emotions flow from her - happy to sad and everything in between. Out of the blue she comes up and hugs me, tells me she loves me and wants to be a mommy just like me when she grows up. This happens daily. Most of the time she has a love/hate relationship with her sisters, it just depends on the moment. Hunter on the other hand....he and Preslie are best buddies. He takes her for rides in his truck, they have secret handshakes and a sweet relationship.

Every morning she will likely be the first one awake. She always greets me with a 'good morning mommy' - It's the one and only time of day she is quiet and still and I treasure holding her for a few minutes before she begins her day. The rest of the day she is rarely quiet and almost never still.

She has learned to read and do math this year. The accomplishments are endless and I love this age when things are new, exciting and fun. Her expressions say so much and I am truly grateful God chose me to be her mom. I adore her. She's not perfect, there are days I wonder if I will be sane by dinnertime but I am blessed to have her in my life. She is precious to me.

Here are a few of her favorite things:

Book - Froggy Plays Soccer
Music - Grandmas cd
Food - Any pasta, Malano cookies, ice cream and apples
TV Show - Backyardagans, Saddle Club, JayJay
Toy - stuffed animals and her American Doll

This was Preslie's 1st birthday! Seems like yesterday!
Her face says it all - "for me? Really? An I-pod?"

She always wants me to make her a cake - it's not my gift but I try : )



Ready to blow out her candles...she did but not without a lot of spit : )



No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...