This past weekend kids 1 and 2 went to D-Now. This year more than ever I felt God urging me to cover them, the speakers, and everyone involved all in prayer. Usually, I confess, I just sort of sent them on their way without a large dose of praying without ceasing. This year I was convicted to pray much and often. Sunday morning I could hardly contain my joy and awe and just pure excitement. Church felt different. I typically feel God's presence there but this Sunday was different somehow. Youth were bustling around, hugs were abundant, smiles on tired faces and they were like lights throughout the building. There was a sea of green D-Now shirts and the youth were unified in Christ.
Our service began with the baptism of two teenage boys. Shouts of joy as they announced the first boy to be baptised and then after he came up from the water a standing ovation by the BSBC youth and more shouts of joy. I almost yelled out, "yes, this is what He longs for." I'm sure it paled in comparison to what happens in heaven everytime a lost one receives Jesus but it was amazing. The next baptism was exactly the same - shouts of joy and youth on their feet praising God!
As I listened to the D-Now guests share I continually was reminded of the parable of the sower and the seed (Matthew 13) the seed being the word of God. Some of the seed fell on the path along the way - this is like those who hear the word of God but don't understand and Satan comes and steals it. Other seed falls on the rocky ground without much soil. This is those who hear the word and receives it with joy but it doesn't have any root so it's short-lived. When trials come, they turn away from God. Then there is seed that falls among thorns. These people hear God's word but life just makes it unfruitful because they continue to worry and be deceived by the world. The final seed in the parable falls on good soil. These people hear God's word, receive it, understand it, believe it and it produces a bumper crop in their lives!
I so want what the BSBC youth heard this weekend to be received, deep in their hearts on good soil that will go the distance. It's so easy to leave on fire and then thrown back into the world and fall away. My deepest prayer is that won't happen. That they (and I) will live daily in the fullness of all He has for us.
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
1 comment:
be in prayer with you that there are deep roots of the Word in the hearts of many!!
Post a Comment