Easter is the completion of what began at the birth of Jesus Christ - the reason we celebrate Christmas! On the cross, Jesus spoke the words "It is finished" and His work on the cross did more and continues to do more than my brain can fathom. Jesus, the one and only - He died for my sin- it was my sin that held Him there - nailed Him to the cross!! It awes me to believe He would have paid the price for me alone but He would have. He loves me that much. Each one of us is loved that much. He endured mocking, shame, beatings and eventually died a horrid death BUT He conquered death, rising on the 3rd day! He is alive. He has not changed. In obedience, to complete the will of the Father He hung on the cross and just as He said He would, He rose again! The stone was rolled away - not so He could get out but so we could know He is not there. He showed Himself to countless people after His resurrection and still today He reveals Himself to all who seek Him. How grateful I am!
I love that I can read in His word what He did for each of us knowing not all would choose to receive Him but knew many would. I love the songs we sing at church that reflect the price He paid and the hope we have in Him. I also love the tradition of coloring eggs, hunting them, getting new Easter attire, filling Easter baskets but more than any of that I am grateful my savior died, rose again and is alive and living in the hearts of all who receive Him. We get to enjoy our very own personal and unique relationship with Jesus Christ, the one and only! Amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment