Thursday, July 15, 2010

And on and on it goes

*Disclaimer - I know approximately 6 wks ago I blogged about my birthday girl! However, being born in baseball seasons has it's upsides and downsides. One upside is your birthday could, and possibly will, be celebrated over a 2 month period.  Here are pix from her actual day which began on the 4th and continued on the 5th of June.  Today we are finally having her 10 year old birthday party with friends...those pics will be here tomorrow : ) Moving on...

Addison turned 10 on June 5th. I now fondly refer to her as 'my little decade' and will enjoy calling her that all year! It's hard for me to believe that my once newborn baby girl who came into this world weighing 6#14oz is now ten years old, 5 feet tall and about to begin her 5th grade year! But, it's true. I adore this child. Funny and animated yet shy and quiet. Her laughter is contageous and she is precious to me.

All Addison has talked about for months is gerbils. That is the one and only thing this child wanted for her birthday. I asked, begged, pleaded for a back-up birthday list yet none came. I think she was convinced her birthday would come and go without gerbils but it's hard to deny her. So, this is her face when we brought in her two little gerbils. Priceless.
Licking the bowl of her birthday brownies! (  I know, raw eggs = not healthy..we do it anyway)
Clearly, gerbils were not her only gift - but certainly the best gift in her mind.
The birthday brownies ~

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...