Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mornings

Several weeks ago Rick and I,  along with another couple began a 21 day detox. It requires a post of it's own and one of these days I will blog about it, but for today all you need to know is I had 3 goals for the 21 day detox.  Two of the 3 goals I met and that's what brings me to today.

I no longer drink what once was my very most favorite beverage. Diet Dr. Pepper. Never being a fan of drinking large portions of calories, because I much prefer eating large portions of calories,  I have never been a 'real' pop drinker. Diet DP was satisfying and enjoyable to me. However, I was being convicted of cutting out artificial sweeteners from my diet. I'd try to give it up but next thing I knew I was buying a 2 liter or driving through to get a 32 ounce DDP! Well, after the detox I no longer craved that artificially sweet drink of mine. I now drink two things exclusively. Water and iced tea. I grew up on both - my mom makes the absolute best sweet tea. I'd put it up against McAlesters anyday. But, as I said, drinking calories does not appeal to me so I go with iced tea - straight : ) Most of the time. I usually indulge in my moms sweet tea when available.

But now,  a new drink habit. Coffee. I'm sure real coffee drinkers would not embrace me because I do not drink it black. Yet. My brother tells me 'that's how I started too' - That comment just cracked me up! Coffee in my cup is much more of a caramel color. It's hot, it's mildly sweet and it makes me feel grown up. For the most part I have been visiting QT for my coffee but that was adding up.  Being a bit practical I was having a hard time enjoying my QT coffee and began to investigate the purchase of my very own coffee maker. There are some pretty amazing one cup coffee makers out there but again, being practical (thanks Mom) I couldn't justify spending $109 on a coffee maker. I've been looking both in stores and on-line for several weeks. Monday night Rick and I ran a few errands and while browsing through Wal-Mart I came upon a great bargain...$17.88 for a 6 cup Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker! Seriously! It can make 1-6 cups and was what I considered a great bargain ~ So, it has now for the past 2 days become a very nice part of my morning routine. Ah, the simple pleasures in life!
Here it sits ready to be poured. Notice the time...7:20 - that's a.m. kids! ; )

This is my favorite mug - once it held hot cocoa or cappacino but now...coffee. Isn't it a nice color - I'd like a room this color I believe. Arvest...love it!


This is my favorite chair. A very sweet friend of mine blessed me with a pair of these chairs. I sit here every morning and read my bible, pray and have my quiet time. My coffee enhances my morning and I look forward to this time of day!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I don't know if I will ever grow up enough to like coffee!!! I just can't seem to acquire a taste for it. Please, do blog about the detox . . . I want to hear!!!

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...