Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bittersweet Milestones

Maybe it's my age - Maybe it's because with my age I am growing wiser. Certainly I am not wiser about everything, but about many things I believe I am. Wise enough to know that each and every milestone is huge in the lives of my children. Wise enough to know to slow down, appreciate them all and savor each and every moment.

I have always tried to enjoy each stage my children are in- rarely do I wish any stage away. Rick and I are about to embark on huge milestones with Hunter as he enters his senior year but there are some smaller milestones that are huge in their own way.I don't want to miss a single one of them!
Preslie has had two very wiggly front teeth for several days. I knew it was exciting for her to lose those baby teeth and let her permanent teeth come in, but for me it's more than just a baby tooth. I remember when she got those two front teeth. I know from having had this happen to the other three that once you lose those baby teeth and the grown up teeth come in, they look different. Not so much like young children anymore. Just one more step...She is excited so I smile and cheer her on but inside it makes me sad because my baby is growing up before my very eyes and this little window in her mouth is just one more visible sign ~

1 comment:

Becky said...

It is amazing how much those big teeth change the look of a child. And you know how quickly your children grow, with the oldest heading into his senior year. I remember when he was running around in his little cowboy outfits watching westerns. Seems like yesterday. Children teach us as much as we teach them, I am beginning to think, especially those oldest ones. And one of the biggest things I think James is teaching me is that it passes to quick, and you have to savor the little moments all through life.

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...