Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Last 1st Day of Public School!

It's hard to believe that in 1997 I sent this small little boy off to Kindergarten! Today I sent him off to his senior year of high school. (I almost made him drive over with me to our old house to take the picture in front of our 'old' front door ; ) I wonder if our old neighbors would think I'd truly lost my mind! Maybe they'd just smile and realize oh, yea, she's the mom of a boy who has somehow turned into a man before her very eyes!

 I can't help but think of the book I used to read to him over and over and the words repeat even now -
 I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be.

I know that this is just the beginning of what will be a very exciting time in his life! I fully plan to enjoy and treasure each moment, every big event, every small detail and look back with fondness over his senior year but for today, it's just a little too much reality!

The 1st day of Kindergarten - August 1997




















          1st Day of senior year - he's smiling inside ; )

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...