Monday, August 2, 2010

Born Again

Yesterday Preslie made the most important decision anyone can make.  For quite a long time she has been talking about asking Jesus into her heart.  Rick and I have prayed for her and talked with her about this off and on as she brings it up.  Yesterday before church she told me she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart and tell everyone about it.

When we picked her up from her class she was holding a package which simply read, Following Jesus. Inside was information for parents to visit with their children about as they make this life changing decision. Preslie was determined that as soon as we got home she wanted us to read it with her and pray with her. Rick read the booklet to her telling in short form what Jesus did for us. At the end he prayed a simple prayer with her and she repeated the words from her heart! We told her that Jesus tells us some very important things in His word this being one of them... If we believe with our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead and say with out mouths that Jesus is Lord, we are saved from our sins. Romans 10:9. Those moments with Rick and Preslie mean the world to me and I know angels were rejoicing at her decision!

Nothing gives me more joy and more peace than knowing that all four of our children have received Jesus as their personal savior!  I am grateful that for all of eternity we will be together with our savior in Heaven, just as He promises.

She is born again!  Happy Birthday! August 1, 2010

1 comment:

Becky said...

YAY!!!! So exciting!!!! Happy Re-Birthday, Preslie!!!

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...