Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sweet Child of Mine

It's incredible when you see your childs personality become more defined and evident. Each one of our children are unique and amazing in their own ways. I love certain things about each of them so much and in each stage of their lives I find so many things I want to bottle up and save. One thing I have been savoring lately is Preslie's hands. They are so small and childlike. I know how quickly those little hands will grow and change. One of the sweetest things is her little hand in mine.

For quite some time we've been seeing something pretty amazing emerge in Preslie. It's been about a year that it's been coming into existence and what is so incredible is it's all God! She's always had a very tender heart and a strong desire to please. Quite nurturing and a care-giver, especially when someone is sick or hurt. She's quite intuitive and seems to hear the unspoken. Picking up on sadness, pain or need in others seems to be easy for Preslie to see.  I love that.  But, what I love more is what she consistently does next.

"Can I pray?" or "Let's pray" is a common request by Preslie. Multiple times a week she leads our family, all of us,  in prayer. I've explained to her countless times she does not need permission to pray but that God is always listening to her and knows the need before she asks. She can do that by herself, with others, in the dark of night or light of day. Anytime, anywhere. I know she's getting it! Prayer is something she always does first when there is good or bad or need. Her first response is consistently prayer. Since she became a christian this summer I truly see a new creation and God bringing about great gifts in her character and her young little life!

 What an amazing response. Prayers...first! How often do I try everything else only to find that my efforts are typically useless, then pray. More often than I should no doubt. But not Preslie...her go to response is to pray and her prayers are so precious and heartfelt. She prays without doubting and fully trusts that God will answer.  Her prayers are simple. Her prayers are full of thanks not a long wish list. She thanks God for simple and great things and never ceases to pray.  When she prays for someone specifially she just walks away with the confidence that God will take care of it. Period. She doesn't pick it up again to fret over it but often will in her next prayer thank God for taking care of it/them. So many lessons to learn from my sweet little 7 year old girl!

And He said, "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That is so precious. I pray my boys will know the Lord like this!!!

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...