Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Train at Dry Gulch

I love tradition. Not only at Christmas but all throughout the year. However, especially at Christmas there are so many opportunities to create memories. In 1996 Rick and I took Hunter over to Dry Gulch. It barely resembles the Dry Gulch of 2010. Both amazing but vastly different. In 1996 Hunter was only 4 years old and on only child. Dry Gulch was simple and humble but the story of Jesus was definitely shared and you left knowing why He came to earth as a baby 2000 years ago!

Last weekend we went back for our fourth time and it was amazing! There are many things to do now from places to eat (our kids had their first funnel cake), merry-go-rounds, horse drawn carriage rides, a ride where The Night Before Christmas is read aloud as your ride through the sites, warm places to sip cocoa and listen to singing and of course the best part of all is riding the train! It takes you through Creation to His crutifiction, burial and resurrection! It's powerful. There is no way to describe it but it is incredible and by far all of our favorite part!

I am so grateful Jesus chose to come and I am grateful one day He will return! Until then I pray my life brings Him glory.  Merry Christmas.


 Mom, Shawn, Rick, Hunter, Ky, Addison and Preslie entering Dry Gulch! It was cold...26 degrees! Brrrr
Addison riding the Merry-Go-Round
Our four precious gifts!

Preslie enjoying the ride!
Our Family

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...