Spring Break 2011 was a baseball tournament/family mini-vacation for our family! 1232 miles (each way) approximately from our front door to the door of our hotel in Tucson. We had a wonderful week and made some fun memories. Lots of laughs, yummy snacks and sites to see along the way. However, the drive was loooooooooooooooong. This coming from someone who thinks it's a long way to Tulsa. I have to say that our 3 girls are extraordinary. They were 100% pleasant. Never complained. Never whined. Never fought. Blew my mind. How grateful I am. I could almost say they NEVER slept. But ten minutes on the way there they all 3 actually did sleep, very briefly which is when I snapped this picture. Don't be deceived...this was not typical. : )
Not sure if you've ever been to New Mexico or Arizona but this is pretty much the view no matter where you go. Lots of dessert. Lots of khaki colors, hills, mountains and eventually lots of cactus. Reminds me of the quote my dad used to say...Unless you're the lead dog, the view never changes! But all God's mighty creation and we appreciated it for what it was - beautiful in it's own way.
Gotta love satellite radio. We listened to a large genre of music including Disney Radio. I grew to love Justin Beiber, Demi Lavoto, Jonas Brothers, Allstar Weekend...a few others. Oh my! Anyway, it was fun.
Some strange names of places to visit - Elephant Butte was another...
This was a welcome site outside our hotel pool...the fragrance of these beautiful oranges was amazing. One evening on our drive to the ballgame the clouds were gorgeous.
One day we walked around in the desert, literally. It was lots of sand, cactus and dryness. Can you imagine wandering in the wilderness for 40 years! WOW! The size of the cactus were amazingly huge! They are also protected by law. Interesting.
One day we went to a Colossal Cave tour. Preslie and I were not really fans. I almost had a panic attack but we stood strong, endured and persevered! Both happy to see the 1 hour tour end though. Regardless there were some pretty interesting things to see and learn inside the cave!
Part 2 coming up : )
No comments:
Post a Comment