Monday, April 11, 2011

Big Moments in Life

The reality is that in 4 very short months we enter a new phase of our lives. Hunter will embark on a brand new chapter of his life as he leaves the only home he's ever known to begin his college career with a campus full of people he doesn't know. That is enough to make a mama cry.
This child of mine has been nothing but a pleasure. He's never given us a moments grief. He's been such a joy and I will miss him so much but I look forward to the new chapter we write along the way.

This past week was a big week for us all. On Wednesday we had his senior pictures taken! What a blast! I cannot wait to see the proofs. I'm so grateful he was happy to let me tag along to be a part of it!  It's not unusual for people he spends time with to relay to us how much they like and enjoy Hunter. There is no higher compliment to us as parents to know that he's well liked, well thought of and enjoyed by people other than his family. The photographer enjoyed working with him and was so complementary of his sweet, compliant nature.

On Friday Hunter signed with Central Christian to play baseball. His high school, American Legion and future college coach were all present to enjoy this moment with us and it was a very surreal experience. I kept thinking how can this be? Didn't we just bring him home? Isn't he still just a toddler. How can he possibly be this... But the reality is that he is this and I for one, really like and admire this great child of mine.

So many more milestones to reach and I daily chose to enjoy the journey.



No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...