Friday is my favorite day of the week. So many reasons but it boils down to one thing really...the anticipation of good things. My family is all together and we rest, relax, play, worship and share time together. I love the start of the weekend. I spend a great deal of time on Friday in preparation for the weekend so all of us can enjoy it! My husband always says preparation is 80% of everything - he's right.
When I was growing up I watched both consciously and sub-consciously as my mom created a loving, comfortable atmosphere in our home. She did certain things on certain days and while I don't remember really taking notes I apparently hid those away in my mind and heart. I knew the feeling home created for me and as I get older and older I find I duplicate that more and more.
One of the things I fondly remember is that my grandmother had given my mom these really neat dish towels that had a picture and a day of the week embroidered on them. Monday might be a picture of a woman doing laundry with Monday written below. Each day had a 'chore' and my mom had a similar system. Now, so do I and I function well that way. I take no offense in having certain chores and responsibilities around the home. I am grateful to have a husband who provides for us and blesses me by being able to be home with our children and to care for our home. Preparing meals, grocery shopping, doing laundry, running errands, cleaning up messes, and everything else that goes with being a wife and mom. I love this role in life! I think I would have fit in well during the 'Leave it to Beaver' and 'Mayberry' era!
So, in my endless endeavor to create a home that we all enjoy and feel comfy in I use Friday to clean house, do all the laundry and I usually bake something sweet to enjoy through the weekend and it makes me happy. Friday is a great day! I love that my family can enjoy home all weekend and that I can have a part in providing that for us all.
Here is my weekly routine, just in case you're wondering.I also have a strange vacuuming issue...I vacuum the house every day. It just makes me feel better :) I'm sure it's overkill.
Sunday - Meal plan and do grocery list
Monday - Grocery shopping and laundry
Tuesday - Refresh the bathrooms
Wednesday - Weekly 'chore' *see below*
Thursday - Wash sheets and change beds
Friday - Laundry and clean house
Saturday and Sunday - Rest and enjoy family time!
1st Wednesday - clean out fridge
2nd Wednesday - clean fans and baseboards
3rd Wednesday - Dejunk a drawer or 2
4th Wednesday - windows
Happy Friday!! Enjoy your family! Children are a gift from our gracious, loving Father!
SIMPLY.GRATEFUL.LIFE Keeping a record of God's goodness to me and being thankful for how richly blessed I am. He has been gracious to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Don’t Miss
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
Preslie reached a milestone and we celebrated, despite the ice and snow covered roads. Having a birthday in January has it’s own set of c...
-
As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...
-
On our drive to the cancer center earlier this week, Rick and I discussed how this journey we've been on has had many prongs of attack. ...
1 comment:
I love your schedule and your Wednesday rotation! I also work like crazy to get everything "done" so weekends are free. And I vacuum every day!
:)
Post a Comment