Preslie began the 3rd grade this year. I have to confess that the past 3 years of home schooling have not always been easy times for her or me. It's been hard at times. Really hard. We've had tears, frustrations, exhaustion and fatigue. We've worked hard, pushed beyond our limits and experienced rocky days. However, through it all I think, I hope, I pray that she knows I want only the best for her. I am 100% on her side and I'll go to the ends of the earth to help her become all God intends her to be and I love her deeply.
That's not to say that we haven't had some excellent days...certainly there have been some laughs, some lightbulb moments and some real growth. In spending so much time together and with Kyleigh and Addison we've laid solid foundations in our relationships. I hope our days are characterized by the positives more than the struggles. I've had to cling to the fact that even when I can't see it, growth is being made. Connections are being made and she is getting it! Not only academically but also in her maturity and her personality. Huge growth!! So fun to watch.
This past 6 weeks have been so encouraging to me. I think to her as well. All of the sudden she's making growth by leaps and bounds. I hear 'this is easy' way more than ever before. I see her confidence building and school is becoming something she enjoys. She's experiencing successes regularly and it's so good for her! I know all the work, all the teaching, learning and working hard did not return void. We are beginning to reap what's been sown! Just as He promises! I've had faith that it would be so...Just as His word tells us in Hebrews...Faith is being sure of what we hope for and being certain of what we do not see! So true!
Additionally, Preslie has the sweetest spirit! She is always smiling. Quite a nurturer and our families biggest prayer warrior! Her faith amazes me and her prayers are sincere and heartfelt. I am so thankful for her and so proud of her hard work and perseverance! I love my sweet girl and thank God for her daily.
She loved walking in the sand and talking and singing to herself ~
No comments:
Post a Comment