Sunday, September 25, 2011

Do They Ever Really Outgrow It?

I don't know too many little girls who don't love to play dress up! I know our girls always loved it. I have so many pictures of all three of our girls walking around in my heels or in the play clothes we'd bought along the way. Our girls used to dress up every week at some point and it seemed the gaudy-er the better.

Last night Kyleigh and her 12 classmates from her Classical Conversations home school group attended a birthday party for one of their classmates! They had a blast! It was a Murder Mystery Dinner aboard a cruise ship. Each of them were assigned a 'role' and they dressed the part for the evening. Kyleigh was an ambassadress and sported a tiara and a sash. I just flashed back to her as a little girl playing dress up. Last night was a little more refined but she was just as giddy about dressing up for the mystery dinner as she used to be dressing up for a tea party.

I don't know if little girls ever grow up and outgrow dress-up! I hope somewhere inside they always have a little bit of little girl.

 That was then...2004. Kyleigh was almost 7 and Addison was almost 4
This is now...14 years old

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...