Thursday, January 5, 2012

That Was So Last Year


December was a full month for our family! Hunter was home for almost 3 weeks and we enjoyed having our family complete for that time. Rick and I have always been mindful or how fortunate we are that our kids are people we enjoy, people we chose to spend time with and that they feel the same way. That may seem like a weird thing to say but not all people enjoy their children. I'm so grateful for these 4 amazing people God chose me to mother and love. There was plenty of activity but it was balanced well with quiet time and relaxation. Here are some glimpses of our month. Not an exhaustive list of things but some highlights for sure! Many great memories were made and will be treasured for the years to come!


Kyleigh and I made and decorated so many of these cookies I can't tell you! We spent endless hours doing it and it was fun to spend that time with my sweet girl!

 Preslie and Addison iced a few too~
 Some of the finished products - they were delish!
 Preslie plays the guitar all the time!
There was a little tech time going on but atleast we're all in the same room :)
 This was on our annual trip to Dry Gulch for the Christmas Train! One of our favorite traditions.
 The drivers asked Preslie to help them drive the horse drawn trailer - highlight of her night! Glad she had her reins. ; )
 We took a break to listen to some great singing in one of the little coffee houses.
 Preslie and her daddy rode this carousel about 4 or 5 times
The Kinect is a family fav for sure!

Our family went to Celebrate With Family at our church twice and we watched it on-line countless times too! One of the best parts is the drummer boy song and Pres loves dancing along with it!
 Dancing on Kinect with my girls - much, much harder than it looks!
Laughing at how uncoordinated I am and how hard it is!
 Horse riding is a given. We had some gorgeous days to ride!
 These 2 girls are so alike it's eerie!
Warming up their horses
 Hunter multi-tasking -- pretty sure he was talking to the sweet girl pictured below!
This is Kristen! So thankful we got to spend a lot of time getting to know her over Christmas! Beautiful on the inside and out.
Helping Rick move some gravel!
Just a common look for Preslie - reins in hand and smile on her face!
 Enjoying a ride together!


The sunset at grandma's when we were about to leave! A reminder of God's faithfulness - every day you can count on the sun rising and setting and HE is always faithful in that and in so many other ways. Beautiful reminder and a beautiful way to end our day.

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...