Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Baseball...that was so last year! ; )

Since 1997 our spring and summers have involved a great deal of baseball. It has been a blast! I cannot imagine missing out on those great days. However, our baseball days have wound down. We watched Hunter's last weekend of college baseball and it was such a neat time. It was bittersweet, of course, but there is a season for all things!

When we got home Addison had a revelation.

She decided she'd like to give softball a try. Happily,our days at the ballpark are not over. They'll look a little different but will be no less amazing. The last time Addi played anything involving a bat and ball was in 2006 when she was barely 6 years old.  I'm so proud of her for trying it and it has become an absolute thrill watching her these past few weeks. She's quite good (not a biased opinion HA) and is having such fun. The number she chose to wear was Hunter's high school number - 9! What a sweet sister.

 I dug up these pictures of her from when she was 6 playing t-ball - precious, priceless memories. So thankful I captured them on film - albeit digital!

So tiny
Apparently there was success at the plate
She made it to first base!
That was then...this is now...  6 years later she is almost 12 and still as precious and amazing as ever!
Fast forward from 2006 to 2012...

Still that blond ponytail and sweet face! She now stands 5'5'ish give or take a little

Warming up in the field -so far 2nd base seems to be her spot
At bat!
Safely on 1st
and 3rd...
Rick is coaching with 2 other dads. They're a great little team of 3 working with a really sweet group of girls!

I love life at the ballpark watching my girl play!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...