Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Sweet Birthday Girl

Kyleigh turned 15 on Saturday!

So hard for me to believe. Our family has had a Kyleigh-fest that began Friday and ended this evening! She had such a hard time deciding what she wanted as gifts. I asked her if there was something she'd like to do instead and she was quick to answer that there was a horse show in Tulsa this weekend. To say she is horse crazy is an understatement.

 So, that's what we did. Rick took off work and the 5 of us headed off to the horse show at the Tulsa Expo. It was the first time any of us had ever been to anything like it. The entire day we watched jumping and saw some gorgeous horses. Turns out it's a pretty big deal and horses and their riders came from all over the United States!

We all enjoyed it immensely.
 This was one of the jumping courses set up
 The girls waiting for an event to begin
 Kyleigh and her constant companion
 I found this shirt at Journey's and had to get it! It is just so completely Kyleigh
 Her beautiful and yummy birthday cake! She chose carrot cake with cream cheese - delish
 Last night we, mostly she, made the most scrumptious chocolate cupcakes with ganache - she used one to blow out the candle!
 It's a shirt! NO, it's a bulletin board! It's what the girl believes and lives!
After her cake and ice cream and opening of gifts we began moving to our transition home until ours is complete! These girls along with the rest of us moved and moved and moved! We were exhausted but I was so thankful for their hard work and great attitudes. When I walked into the kitchen after we finished this is what I saw! Too funny!

It was a great weekend but most of all Kyleigh is a great girl! I am so humbled and awed to be her mom. I'm thankful beyond words that God chose me to know, love and steward her. The teen years have been nothing like those horrid stories so many parents sadly express. She is a delight! Kyleigh is thoughtful, funny, sweet and loving and I love being around her!

For sure, she is proof that God's thoughts and ways are higher than ours! She exceeds everything I could have ever imagined!



 

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...