Saturday, November 17, 2012

It's a Family Tradition

This week the girls and my mom did something they do each year about now. It is, hands down, one of my very favorite traditions! One afternoon in November, my mom has the girls come over to her house. They spend the afternoon making my grandma's recipe for homemade noodles. I love how one seemingly small thing can have such a big impression on us.

 My grandma always made the noodles to bring to Thanksgiving dinner.  Several years ago, my mom started the tradition of having the girls come help her roll out, cut and lay the noodles to dry. She bought them cute little aprons and their own rolling pins and the four of them rolled, cut and made sweet memories. 

I'm thankful for these times each year. I love that tradition is so important to my mom and that my girls get to create memories to last a liftetime. Just like my grandma did for me.
This is from 2006 and I just love this picture. It's in my mom and dad's old house and just look at those sweet little faces and BIG hair!

2012 version of these sweet things
Mom teaching Preslie how to cut the noodles
I love her little hands 
Pro noodle-makers, precious daughters, sisters, best friends

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...