December 2, 2012 Rick and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary! That means that I've been married to him for half of my life! Crazy. Good crazy but crazy!
We had a fun weekend. We took off for Tulsa to enjoy some time together. We shopped for Christmas gifts, ate, laughed and visited. For dinner we ate at The Polo Grill in Utica. It's a special spot for us -
He proposed to me there in August of 1989!
I'm thankful for Rick and I love our life together and love that now I will have been with the love of my life more of my life than not!
Two songs that have been meaningful to us are Forever and Ever Amen and Nobody Loves Me Like You Do. When I was going through chemo in 2003 the song took on a new meaning - we spent our 14th anniversary in the chemo room but we were thankful to be together!! I'm so thankful that those prophetic words were true for him and his love for me. Secondly, at our wedding we had Nobody Loves Me Like You Do sung and it too still holds true! God has greatly blessed our lives and there is no one on earth I'd rather share my life with than Rick!
Forever and Ever Amen
They say time takes it's toll on a body
Makes a young girl's brown hair turn gray
Well, honey, I don't care
I ain't in love with your hair
And if it all fell out
Well I'd love you anyway
Nobody Loves Me Like You Do
Like a candle burnin' bright, love is flowing in your eyes
A flame to light our way that burns brighter every day
Now I have you
Nobody loves me like you do
Like a leaf upon the wind I could find no place to land
I dreamed the hours away, wondered every day
Do dreams come true?
Nobody loves me like you do
CHORUS
What if I never met you?
Where would I be right now?
Funny how life just falls in place somehow
You touched my heart in places
That I never even knew
Nobody loves me like you do
I was words without a tune
I was a song still unsung
A poem with no rhyme
Dancer out of time
But now there's you
Nobody loves me like you do
1 comment:
Brent and I have always been fond of Forever and Ever Amen. I can remember when we were engaged listening to it and singing it to each other all the time!!! Also, in June, we will have spent half our lives marred also. Congratulations!!!!
Post a Comment