This morning this was the view from behind our house.
For almost the past decade, my morning routine has been pretty much the same. However, no two mornings are the same. Today, I went out to the kitchen around 6:45 for coffee and my quiet time with God. I looked out the window and I had to snap this picture. Although the sun hadn't yet come up over the horizon the sky was amazing. Beautiful shades of orange, red, yellow and because we live in the middle of nowhere ;) the sunrise and sunsets are more extraordinary (in my opinion) than anywhere I've ever lived!
I didn't know that minutes later God would use this gorgeous sky to reveal a great word to me. In His still small voice He spoke to my heart. An outstanding word picture and as I always find, I'm awed by the fact that the God of the universe speaks to me. But He does.
I was reading Hebrews 11 today as part of my quiet time. It's dubed the 'faith chapter' as it recounts many testimonies of ordinary people of great faith. It speaks of what faith is and what faith isn't. As I read verses like Hebrews 11:1 which says 'faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see' it was as if God was saying to me - you know by the look of the sky that the sun will soon be rising. Because I faithfully have the sun rise and set in the same place and the same time each and every day you count on it. Even if clouds cover it and you can't see it or the sky is clear so it shines through brightly- the sun rises. God is faithful! He does not change!
As Rick and I continue to wrestle with a decision on behalf of Preslie, we are seeking Him. We desperately want to know and do His perfect will. I know in His way, His timing and according to His will He will reveal what path to take. 2 Chronicles 16:9 says 'The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.' Just like it says of Moses in verse 27 of Hebrews 11- 'he kept right on going because he kept his eyes on the one who is invisible. We walk by faith, not by sight!
About half and hour later I went back to the window. Just as it always does, the sun was now sitting in the sky! And tonight, as it consistently does, the sun will set. Just one of the many examples we see every day of God's great faithfulness ~
No comments:
Post a Comment