1. Trains can be heard a mile before you ever see them. There is a low rumble and eventually the horn blows long and loud. It's unsettling. Often the train comes through around 1:00 a.m. but also at times around mid-morning. It's only about 1/2 a mile from our house but it can seem like it's coming through our house. LOUD! Oddly enough, I'm the only one who hears it in the middle of the night.
2. The country is quiet most of the time (sans the train) and I love the peace and quiet and solitude.
3. It dawned on me yesterday as we had unseasonably warm, wet and unstable weather...there are no tornado sirens nearby. We don't have a storm cellar. We may want to work on this.
4.The sunrises and sunsets are beyond amazing in the country. The night sky is extraordinary. I can hardly wait til spring and summer to be able to sit outside on the back patio in the evenings.
6. Simple is better. Less is more.
7. It's always colder in winter, warmer in summer and no matter what season, it's always windy here. Sometimes just a breeze but never completely calm. I like it.
8. I know all my neighbors and people on country roads always wave at each other as they pass by.
9. Carharts and Muck boots are must haves and they are 2 of my favorite things.
10. I am grateful I live in a time where I have the best of both worlds. The beauty, quiet, peace, simplicity of life in the country with all the modern conveniences of 2013.
No comments:
Post a Comment