Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Birthday to Us

One of my favorite times of the year is somewhere between April 25 and April 30. Shawn and I were born 5 days (and a few years) apart. For quite a while,  we've been celebrating our birthdays together. Generally, Mom makes a meal we both decide on (this year it was her famous lasagna) and then we each get our favorite cakes. Shawn loves angel food and I have this amazing chocolate bundt cake with a cream cheese, coconut, chocolate chip center. It's out of this world! I've had it for as long as I can remember except for a decade or so when we had birthday cakes made by a lady in town. She stopped doing them so I've gone back to this tried and true favorite! It's kind of like Thanksgiving dinner - not sure why I only eat it once a year! I may change that this year and have it somewhere in between. Truly, the only cake I like.

This year Shawn opted out of his angel food cake and just shared candles on mine - it was fun and as always I am grateful for every day, every year and every candle!

 Thankful by God's design we are family and by choice we are best of friends!
Never too old to make a wish and blow out the candles!

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...