Thursday, October 3, 2013

Just Simple Pleasures

Rick and I have had a few conversations lately over ordinary things. I think sometimes my family thinks I'm a little kooky because I get pretty excited about some pretty simple things.  Some days it just seems that nothing extraordinary is happening. Maybe nothing exciting on the horizon and we talked about what should be our response to that. Really only two options. 

Embrace and be grateful or resist and complain.

 I have a lot of what most people (and even me at times) would consider ordinary days. On occasion I can get into a 'woe is me' mode but I don't have many of those moments. My life is pretty predictable and simple. But, especially over the past decade, God has given me such a peace and I pray each and every day I look at the ordinary as extraordinary. I'm grateful for the simple, little pleasures in life. 

So, just sharing a few simple things for which I'm grateful ~

Laundry...I know it's one of those chores that we just do. Nothing exceptional about it but, I have to say that it's a way I love to serve my family. These all happen to belong to Hunter. I get great joy from getting to send him back to school with clean sheets and towels and washed and  ironed clothes. He appreciates it and I thank him back for letting me do it for him. He's at an age and stage where I just can't do much for him on a day to day. This is one way I get to and I'm happy about it!
Now that the big girls are at school I anticipate and look forward to 4:00 when they get home. As simple as it may seem...they love walking into the house to freshly popped popcorn so I do my part and give them this simple pleasure! 
One day this week Kyleigh wasn't feeling super great so I took Addison to school and picked her up. In addition to the 1-1 drive time I had with her, I also haven't been in a drive through lane at a school in 4+ years. So, it may seem mundane and tiresome to some - but I loved it! I loved seeing all those kids waiting on their moms or dads and I loved being a part of the drive through circle! Kooky..I know! 

But it's the little things sometimes that bring the biggest smiles and make the imprint on our hearts. It's a short season in life when you get to do things like these. And, these things are what make up life! That's something God has really impressed on me!
I love watching whatever the kids enjoy doing! Addison loves playing soccer. She was chosen to be co-captain on the team this year. It's a blurry picture but she's the tall one on the left! I love watching her play!
 This picture below is also blurry - Clearly I need a tutorial on taking pictures with my Iphone. Anyway, last weekend a friend and I went to the BOK to hear and learn from Beth Moore! I don't think there are words so I will just say she is annointed! Amazing! 

An incredible and far from ordinary 36 hours and I am not kidding when I say that I want to get her 2014 Living Proof Live schedule and go to each and every one of them! I love that each time she does one of the LPL weekends, it's a new message.  As always, it spoke directy to my heart and God taught me much through Beth Moore!

As a little PSA - she does a 20 minute little lesson on Life Today with James and Betty Robison every Wednesday!  Worth it! Check it out! You can also go to www.blog.lproof.org and gain lots of Godly wisdom! 

So, my encouragement for you - and me ~ don't let the ordinary make you miss the moments. A little caterpillar may seem orindary but one day he'll be a beautiful butterfuly! Each day has great potential! Enjoy the journey ~ that's where we find life. 





No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...