Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 1 Thankfulness

November is the month we reflect on what we have to be thankful for in our lives. I don't want to be thankful only one month or one day a year. One of the reasons I began this blog was to recount the many ways I have to be thankful and keep a record. I found in my life the best way to defeat disappointment, sadness, despair or any other negative thoughts or feelings is to focus on how much I have to be grateful. So much! 

I'm doing some things this month both internally and outwardly to live out my thankfulness in big and small ways. So, as we enter into the season of giving thanks, I want to reflect on God's goodness to me and be simply grateful. To take notice of the blessings He bestows each day. To be intentional about being thankful. To love and bring Him glory because of who He is and not just what He does. He already did well more than I deserve. But I'm thankful that's why it's called grace ~ If I deserved it or could earn it, it wouldn't be called grace!

In Ephesians 5:20 God says to us, "Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

God's very presence brings me peace and joy and that is enough to make me thankful. Psalm 16:11 says, "You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." 

I am grateful each and every day for the truth that because God so loved...He sent Jesus to save and redeem! Everything else is a result of this truth. I am most grateful for the love of Christ who lives in me! Thankful that I'm forgiven. Thankful for His mercies, new every morning. Thankful for the victory and the hope! 

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...