Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 11- Thankfulness

I am thankful for freedom. On Veteran's Day we honor all the men and women who fought for the freedom we enjoy. I pray I never take it for granted, but I fear I do. I've written before about the greatest hero I ever knew, my dad. He bravely fought in both WWII and the Korean War and no doubt experienced things that no one should ever endure. I am grateful God spared his life many times. I am thankful for my dad's service and sacrifice along with all the other brave soldiers who serve to protect the freedom I get to enjoy.

Remembering...I'll never forget. I will make sure they always know what you did for all of us!
Dad and Kyleigh 2005
Dad and Addison 2008

I am even more thankful for the freedom bought and paid for by Jesus. He paid it all and I am thankful. 

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Now The Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of The Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Cor 3:17

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32


No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...