Sunday, November 17, 2013

Day 17 - Thankfulness


I'm thankful for our church.

 God led us to Church on the Move almost 4 years ago. We'd known about it since Hunter was just a toddler. Never really gave much thought to going because it was in Tulsa and we weren't. We would see the billboards and at Christmas we would take Hunter and eventually the girls to The Christmas Train at Dry Gulch. Hunter would watch the Covenant Rider and Bill Gunter videos religiously (ha ha) and I can look back now and see Gods hand in it becoming, eventually, our church home. 

I'm thankful for a pastor who boldly and unashamedly teaches Gods word. Who motivates us to dig deeper and be all Christ intends us to be. Thankful for a pastor who loves God and others in words and in deed. He has such a heart of integrity and selflessness and generosity. God is not a boring God. He is living and active through His word and just as God is not boring or dead - neither should church be! 

I'm thankful for an a worship team who is excited to worship through songs and music. Who create an environment of worship and give us the opportunity to prepare our hearts to worship through the teaching of God's word!

I'm thankful all of our family has grown in our own walks with God in part to this great church who partners with us to raise up our children in the way they should go. 

No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...