Kayla, Kyleigh, Kassidy and Addison singing "This Little Light of Mine" - These girls are all still close and treasured friends!
When Kyleigh was two years old I was invited to a bible study. Turns out it was Community Bible Study (CBS) and it would become a beautiful thing in our lives. Fourteen years later, I still love it as much as the day I joined. Not only is it a solid women's bible study - their children's program is the best I've ever seen. From babies to toddler to the homeschool group they boldly teach God's word. Memory verses are taught through shapes and music and I remember being awed that my two year old could recite scripture at such a young age. That propelled me into teaching and memorizing scripture!
Kyleigh got to be a part of CBS for 3 years and Addison and Preslie from birth. Preslie is now in the homeschool group and it truly is a blessing in our lives. The dedicated, loving teachers teach and model Christ's truth and love and I'm thankful for an in depth bible study with a huge variety of women I would, no doubt, never have met otherwise!
A few facts about CBS - It began in 1975 by Lee and Floyd Campbell in Washington, DC. Through their faithfulness CBS is strong, thriving and growing. In addition to the babies, toddlers, children and adults there is also a prison ministry and the missions all over the world are doing great things to share the love of Jesus all around the world! I can't remember the amount of churches represented in just the Bartlesville area but it's a lot!
This year we are studying the book of Isaiah. It's one of my favorite books and I'm thankful for the faithfulness of each and every person involved in CBS!
This is the little memory verses they learned one year. They sing the verse to a common tune like "Mary had a little lamb" - it's effective and precious!
This is the girls singing "Baby Moses" - those little arms cradling the 'baby Moses sleeping in the basket' - I melt!
I pray one day these girls will take their babies to CBS ~ I am hugely thankful for it's place in our lives!
Blurry, but this is Preslie this year singing scripture with the homeschool group - it's a group of about 40 children! Amazing!




No comments:
Post a Comment