I know I already did a 'thankful for Rick day' but he is worthy of more than one because he really is an amazing guy. My brother was telling us a few weeks ago that he was talking to a guy who referred to Rick as 'the nicest guy he knows' - I would say that sums him up accurately. He is truly a nice person. He's that guy that never says a mean or unkind thing about anyone. He just doesn't. I don't know that he even thinks unkind thoughts. But, if he does, they aren't spoken. Anyway, that's not the reason he's getting a second 'thankfulness day' even though that's such an admirable character trait.
Yesterday was cold. I mean below freezing and windy cold. All day! The girls get the entire week off from school for Thanksgiving break! It's going to be dry and in the 40's all week and that only means one thing. Horse riding!
For the first time since August the girls will get to ride their horses. It also means, that horse arena has not been worked up since August. So, Rick came out and announced to me that he was going to work up the arena so the girls could ride. He spent almost 4 hours outside working it up so it would be ready for them today. He never complains or gets in a mood over things like that - he just puts his love into actions. I am beyond thankful for the selfless, giving, generous guy he is! Our kids are so fortunate to have him for their dad.
We are all thankful for you Rick!
No comments:
Post a Comment