Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 26 - Thankfulness

Traditions

I'm thankful that we have traditions throughout the year the our kids have come to expect and enjoy. My parents established many of them and Rick and I have added in a few more. 

Yesterday, the girls and I went to moms to make homemade noodles, just like we do every year. I used to make them with my grandma and one day, I pray, I will get to make them with my grand-daughters. It's a simple tradition but it's precious to us all. 

Aftewards, the girls and I were talking about traditions and how much they like them. I'm thankful that they appreciate and recongize how wonderful they are NOW. Too often, it's after the fact, years later, when we fully appreciate such things. I'm thankful they appreciate them and enjoy them in the present! I know it makes my moms heart happy! Mine too! 

I love this one! It's in mom and dad's old house and my dad was there watching. Preslie and Kyleigh have crazy hair and my girls were so small! We walked across the street and life was good! Still is. Change comes but the memories stay!
Present day noodle making! Ky and Addi are now taller than MiMi but not Pres! Thankfully!



No comments:

Don’t Miss

As the saying goes, we miss 100% of the shots we don't take. Sometimes I find I have to be forced to do things and rarely do I regret it...